Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Post! A Review of October

This is my first post here, so bear with me for the next few weeks as I try to learn how to use this website! I've seen so many interesting cake and cupcake blogs that I decided to start one of my own, and hopefully one day it will be as successful and inspirational as the ones that I frequently go to for ideas and recipes :)

October is over, but I feel the need to share with you all of the fun cupcakes that I was asked to decorate during the month. The main request was Nightmare Before Christmas cupcakes, and I was more than excited at having the opportunity to make them. A friend of mine, Hillary, is OBSESSED with all things Tim Burton, and when she came home to visit after a stressful week at college, I decided to surprise her with these:


I loved these little guys, and I had two more orders for them after I posted the pictures to my Facebook page!

My boyfriend, Daniel, attends a university in Georgia, and I visit him very frequently. They have a horrible cafeteria there, and so I brought him and his awesome friends a variety of cupcakes to choose from:

Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Pound Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting
Pound Cake with Mocha Ganache and Vanilla Bean Frosting
Pound Cake with Cookies N' Cream Frosting
S'mores Cupcakes
Best Girlfriend Award? I think so! ;)

These last cupcakes are some that I made for my cousin Gaynon's 19th birthday. Daniel and I decided just to get him a bunch of random things as kind of a gag present (Army Men, little boys' Transformers underwear, a bicycle bell, Hannah Montana card, etc.), and I decided to stick with the random theme for the cupcakes, and do Cookie Monster:

I actually have a potential order for these this weekend, because my mom showed pictures to people at work, and everyone thought they were super cute! I kinda have to agree :)

So, that, in a nutshell, was October in my kitchen. Now... I can't wait to see what November and December has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment