Monday, November 16, 2009

Dive Flag Cake and Cookies

It's been a few days since my last post. School is pretty stressful this week, so I probably won't have time to cook much this week, either. But I do want to share what I was up to last week.

I had a cake order from a girl on Facebook whose boyfriend likes to go scuba diving, and so she asked me to bake him a small cake representing the dive flag, along with matching peanut butter cookies. In between the two layers of chocolate cake, I put a chocolate ganache frosting and chopped pieces of Snickers candy bars. I really wish I would have baked a small version of this cake for myself :(


And this is what the finished product looked like. I ran out of room to put his name on the cake, so I sculpted a scuba man out of fondant and stuck him in some "water" surrounding the edges of the flag.


A close-up of Scuba Craig, my first ever sculpted person for a cake.

The matching peanut butter cookies decorated with Royal icing.

So, that was this week's cake/cookie order! Stay tuned for this week's order, an Air Force symbol cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment