Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mostly Clean Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies

Sometimes I really stink at following a diet. My two biggest pitfalls are french fries and anything sweet. Tonight, I really wanted something sweet, and I had my eye on some ice cream... but I decided to bake something instead. So I came up with these (mostly) clean rainbow sprinkle cookies. The rainbow sprinkles are what makes them not-so-clean. My mom said they were okay, but my dad got excited when he saw one and ate one in a single bite. Of course I didn't tell him they were healthy, because then he would have turned his nose up at them. He liked them! I was surprised, he can usually sniff out anything healthy in order to stay far, far away from it. I like them a lot, and they are just enough for me to make it through the nightly sweet tooth attack.

Mostly Clean Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup oat flour (I never buy oat flour, I just buy a large container of oats and run them through my Ninja blender)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp stevia
  • 2 tsp coconut oil
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 Tbsp almond milk
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. At first, I wasn't going to add the egg whites, but they definitely needed some more wet ingredients, so I added one egg white at a time until they were at the correct "cookie dough consistency".


 Spoon out tablespoonfuls of the dough, and roll into balls. They don't rise very much, so press them down a bit on a nonstick pan. I ended up having to press them down while they were in the oven and it pressed the sprinkles into the cookies, so I advise just doing it before you pop them in the oven.


Bake for 10-14 minutes in the oven, then remove and allow them to cool.


This batch came out at 14 cookies, meaning that each individual cookie has about 51 calories, based on the ingredients I used. Not too bad! 

These are by no means the "perfect clean cookie", and I feel like it's probably impossible to make one because what makes cookies delicious are sugar, butter, sugar, and butter. But these are pretty dang good to me. And versatile, as well. I'm considering replacing the sprinkles with mini chocolate chips in the near future... so stay tuned for that! :)

Happy healthy baking!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment