Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Taquitos

My family and my fiance both love my chicken enchilada recipe, but I was getting a bit bored with making the same dish every time I was craving Mexican style food. So I decided to try to make something a little different - chicken taquitos! And they were so good! I've been enjoying the leftovers, as well.

The one thing I hate to do, however, is cook chicken. But the deli at Wal-Mart makes a pretty delicious rotisserie chicken, so that is my secret shortcut for almost every single chicken recipe that I prepare.

Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded and skin removed
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4.5 ounce can green chiles
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried, minced onion
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
  • 12 small flour tortillas 
These are pretty simple to make. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Throw all of the ingredients (except for the tortillas, obviously) into a large bowl and mix it all up until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Then, spread a spoonful of the mixture close to the edge of a tortilla shell, roll up, and arrange on a non-stick or stone baking pan.


Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and enjoy!


We ate these with some Mexican style rice on the side and queso drizzled over the top. Because, really, you can never have enough cheese. 


Happy Cooking!
Andrea
 

No comments:

Post a Comment