Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Hold on, Operation: Wedding Body, I'mma let you finish, but these pumpkin spice cookies are the best cookies of all time, and they demand to be eaten! 



Seriously. I could eat the whole batch all by myself and not think twice about it. These cookies are so full of flavor, and they have a soft, cakey, chewy texture that is just the way I like my cookies. But really it's the pumpkin spice and cinnamon flavor that makes these so perfect for fall! 

I'm currently in my final semester of classes before student teaching, so this semester I'm taking courses that focus on core subjects (social studies, science, math, reading). In my social studies course, we were told to bring 8 items to participate in a barter and trade activity, so I decided to bake something since I look for any excuse to bake. 

If you love pumpkin spice as much as I do, I recommend you try these out!


Ingredients:
1 cup butter, soft
2 cups sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée 
2 tsp baking soda 
2 eggs
4 cups flour 
1 tsp salt 
2 tsp cinnamon 
4 tsp pumpkin spice 
1 tsp clove 
1 bag of white chocolate chips (or however much you want to add) 

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the pumpkin purée. Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then slowly add to the butter mixture on low speed. Mix in the chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula. Spoon the mix onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 12 minutes. 


This recipe made 60 cookies for me, but you could half it if you don't want to gain 20 pounds in a day. I have a feeling I'm going to be making these way too frequently. 


I also realized that I misspelled pumpkin on my chalkboard AFTER class. It was just way too early for spelling... Oh well!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment