Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Formerly "Lovey's Confections"

I was having a discussion with one of my very best friends, Sofia, the other day. If you don't know her, she's hilarious and wonderful and has really great hair. I literally send her pictures of everything I cook because she gets really jealous of all the food I stress-bake. The other day, I mentioned to her that I had a great idea to try brownies with a pumpkin spice cheesecake swirl (which I did make, and will be posting the recipe to very soon!), to which she responded:

"You can basically make anyone do anything for you ever by luring them with food like a pastry siren."

Pastry siren? Yes!

If you don't know me, then you probably aren't aware that I love mermaids, and I have ever since I first saw The Little Mermaid when I was two years old shouting, "FISH!" for two hours in a crowded movie theater. I have a mermaid collection that has accumulated over the last 23 years of my life, and my Christmas tree is nothing but mermaid ornaments. Mermaids are everywhere in my room and general living spaces. Get the idea? Good.

So, after 5 years of baking and blogging under the name "Lovey's Confections", I am officially changing the blog name (and maybe one day pastry shop name) to Pastry Siren. I think it fits me much better!

See you soon with more recipes!
Andrea

P.S. Sofia, don't worry, I didn't forget that one day you will get lifetime free cupcakes for contributing the name of my business! 

No comments:

Post a Comment