Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Couple's Shower

This past Sunday, I hosted a couple's shower for my friend Nikki and her fiancé Chase. I'm the maid of honor in their wedding on October 19th, so I wanted to have a shower for both of them to be excited about. So, there was barbecue, cornhole, and cake!

I was in love with the sign in table! Instead of each guest signing a boring guest book, I decided to get a little more participation from them. I saw these mini trunks on sale for 50% off at Hobby Lobby, so I thought it would be cute to have each guest write down a date night idea. Chase and Nikki aren't allowed to read any of them until they pull one from the trunk, and if they pull it, they have to do it! Some of them require a little bit of planning, others don't. But it's a way to try new things they might not have thought of before! 


Now for the menu. I admit, I went too far with the sweets, but I think there can never be enough sweet stuff at parties! There was an ombre petal cake, peanut butter buckeyes, s'mores marshmallow pops, chocolate chip cookies, barbecue on Hawaiian rolls, fries in paper cones, fruit skewers, fruit dip, tea, and lemonade. Mom made the barbecue, and it was sooo yummy! 


Here's a close up of the petal cake I made, because I was so excited that it came out fairly close to what I had envisioned. 


My fiancé, Chad, took some better pictures, so hopefully I can snag those from him and get them up soon! 

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment