Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dark Chocolate Banana Oat Mini Muffins

Since student teaching has started, I've been going to bed at about 8:30 every night. That doesn't leave time for me to spend getting breakfasts and lunches ready every night. Sunday night meal prep has become pretty important in my house. Last week I made a ton of turkey meatballs to freeze and take out when I needed them, and this week I decided I needed something a little quicker and healthier to have for breakfasts and snacks that still satisfies my sweet tooth. So I decided to try something new, and I came up with these super delicious mini muffins! They're perfect to grab on the go, and the best part is that they only have about 67 calories per muffin, depending on how many you make.

Dark Chocolate Banana Oat Mini Muffins
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup oat flour
  • 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg white
  • 6 Hershey's Miniature dark chocolate bars, chopped

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, mash the two bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until completely incorporated. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray, and fill each tin with one heaping tablespoon of the batter.


Once your oven is done preheating, bake the muffins for about 12 minutes, then remove them to cool.


These smelled so delicious while they were baking that I had to try them once they were cooled. And they were perfect. Just moist enough, sweet enough, and the perfect texture.


I think next time I might try them with some raisins. More people in my household like chocolate than raisins, however.

While I was baking these, Khaleesi stayed in her regular "Mommy's in the kitchen" spot.


If you try these, leave me a comment and let me know how they turned out! I like hearing feedback :)

Happy meal prepping!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment