Sunday, February 16, 2014

Clean Eating Blueberry Banana Bread

I've had a bunch of bananas laying around all week, and I haven't used any of them this week, so they have ripened up pretty nicely. Perfect for baking bread! Since the wedding is about seven months away now, I have my first dress fitting coming up in the near future, so I've got to crack down on the not so healthy eating. I also read an article recently that really inspired me to try to shift from eating "kind of clean" to "clean" eating. You can read that article here. I've been really enjoying eating breads for breakfast lately, so I decided to bake some clean eating bread for me to have this week. It's quick, so I can grab it as I'm walking out the door. I can even pack some to have as my snacks at school.

Clean Eating Blueberry Banana Bread
  •  2 1/3 cups oat flour
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
  • 4 egg whites
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 tsp vanilla

 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a food processor (I use my Ninja).


Then, add the egg whites, bananas, applesauce, Greek yogurt, and vanilla to the processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a sprayed loaf pan.


Put the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. While the bread was in the oven, I calculated the calories per slice of bread, which just so happens to be roughly 105 calories if there are 12 slices! Not too shabby :)


When the 45 minutes are up, stick a toothpick in the center just to make sure it is baked all the way through, then allow to cool for about 20 minutes before trying to remove it from the pan. I've ruined too many loaves by not waiting long enough to take them out of the loaf pan. It's a real problem I have.


One word, friends: YUM!


Happy baking!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment